Thursday 17 February 2011

Lock & Load!




























  




The images you see above are a good couple hours work for my bulletts in 3DS Max - Any tutorials i was looking for online were very hard to be able to make the bullet shape, then I remembered as rich taught us the lathe tool. The lathe tool was used to create a shape ona  360 degrees, so I gave the bullett a try, opened up illustrator and luckily it worked!

The bullet was created, but the textures on there wasnt. I had to make the gold texture on the bullets from a text tutorial that I found on the internet, It has a high refelction and is using a multi-layer material, After crossing over lots of copper-like colours. I came across the way its looking now, straight after that I moved on to picking the polygons and then setting a darker version of the colour that I had already used and used the 'assign material to selection' button.

By putting the darker colours at the end and the middle breaks down the gold and makes it, what I would like to think very very bullet like. After that I had turbo smoothed the bullet. Then Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment