Friday 28 January 2011

Poker Chip Design


Poker chip's first design on 3DS Max - Used a simple round sphere increased its height and made sure it's width and depth were set to the correct and identical measurements.


After I had cloned the chip's sphere and used the polygon tool to connect them together, I made them solid shapes and then increased its height and colour. This gives the poker chip depth and more realism.

This is the poker chip design that I made on photoshop and while importing into 3DS Max from youtube tutorials, I found it slightly difficult but caught the hang of it in the end, I decided just the 007 looked good on the poker chip in the end and stuck with that. (see below).



This is my finished poker chip and I have added 4 separate materials on it to make it more realistic. This is black poker chip and would be of high value on my poker table that I will be doing soon. This chip has been designed in a way where the raised ages (see above posts) can be slotted in to the parts that are not raised. Technically make the chips perfectly stackable in 3DS and will look good as the white edges will not be perfectly aligned. Which wouldn't be ever in real life. The dots(materials) applied to the poker chip are what are actually on real poker chips as I believe they are made out of recyclable plastic or wood chips, or both.

This is the stage I am, I will probably rest for the weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for such a great blog.poker online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks. I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. 파워볼엔트리

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know 해외배팅사이트

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this was amazing. I was just about to look for some expert and educative content like this, I am grateful that I have frequented here! 언오버먹튀

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you choose the appropriate online portal, you get an almost ad-free gaming experience where there are no annoying pop-ups to spoil the game-play for you. 바둑이사이트

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. เครดิตฟรีไม่ต้องฝากไม่ต้องแชร์2021

    ReplyDelete